Twin City Officiant Steven Hegman


Nondenominational and Interfaith Wedding Ceremony Services in the Twin Cities, MN area.

Ordained Wedding, Officiant Minister State of Minnesota

Unique Personalized Custom Written Ceremonies

Traditional and Non-Traditional, Including :

Non-ReligiousInterfaithInterracial Civil Restating of Vows   Commitment Ceremonies  Secular,  

If you are planning a wedding and would like a ceremony that expresses your feelings and beliefs, please contact me. My services and fee include:

Free initial consultation
A  variety of wedding ceremony materials from which to choose
Beautiful rituals and readings from all over the world
Beginning to end wedding ceremony direction 
Rehearsal coordination 

Ceremonies performed at a variety of venues, including banquet facilities, private clubs, chapels, public parks and private homes throughout the Twin Cities to Duluth, Minnesota area.

No prenuptial counseling required.

The ceremony I offer is non-denominational but spiritual in nature. You may use this ceremony as is, or as a foundation upon which to build your own. It adapts well to the inclusion of selected readings and/or musical selections by one or more of your guests, and can accommodate special desires such as honoring the parents, remembrance of a loved one, lighting the unity candle, giving of roses, breaking of glass.

I have visited churches all over the world. France, Italy, England. I saw the oldest church in Mexico several years ago and recently spent a day at a church (St. Bavo) in South Holland whose Muller organ was once graced by the hands of  Mozart & Handel. While holding a fascination for past rituals &  historic architecture I find there is a need, in the Twin Cities, for a minister to perform the ceremony outside of  traditional religious confines. I have enjoyed filling this void and find that the some of my most memorable weddings have occurred in  gardens, parks, museums, or (in the case of very small weddings) my home.

The ceremony usually begins with the musician(s) playing 5  to 15 minutes before the parents are seated. When appropriate, I request the guests to please stand as the bride is escorted in the processional. After a few words of welcome, we proceed with the vows, the exchange of rings, and finish with a blessing or prayer, the pronouncement as husband and wife, a kiss and a few concluding words.

Occasionally, a couple chooses to compose their own ceremony, writing it themselves or combining selections they cherish from other sources. This can be a rich and insightful experience and serve to clarify the commitments you are making to each other. If you are creating your own ceremony, I would want to confer with you as to its final form a week or more ahead of your wedding to be sure that I, too, am comfortable with its content.

Your union is very special, a time in which family and friends come together to celebrate your life, happiness, and future. I am honored to be part of this!  Feel free to contact me with the date and time of your wedding to see if  Iím available.

Congratulations on this very exciting time!

  Steven Hegman

1380  Imperial Ridge       West St. Paul   MN 55118   (651) 457-9684

hegman at

(Please put that address above in the standard format, using @, and mail using your own email program. This is a probably futile attempt to stem the tidal wave of spam we get every day)

I am encouraging people to participate in donating items to  The Bridge. They are dealing with homeless youth programs.

 I am also accepting clothing that we distribute on Christmas Day at St. Stephens Church on Stevens Ave South

Favorite Quotes

Wedding Links

Hit Counter

Chapels Outdoor Weddings Small Indoor Weddings 
Other Minnesota Reception Sites


Things to do .... after you say "I Do"

First enjoy the wedding, the gifts, your friends, family and the honeymoon.

Social Security

If you change your name, be sure to tell the Social Security office and your employer about your name change. Correcting your records now means that youíll get the right benefits when you apply for Social Security. The corrected card will show your new name and the same social security number as your previous card. To change your name on the Social Security records, you will need one or more documents identifying you by your OLD NAME on the Social Security records and your NEW NAME. A certified copy of your marriage certificate would be your proof of your new name. You can check out their web site at to get an application for a new card or to get answers to questions about Social Security. You can also call the Social Security Administration Office toll-free at 1-800-772-1213. Or you can visit your local Social Security office in person. The name change service is free.

Minnesota Driverís License

Youíve changed your name:

If you have legally changed your name by marriage, you must apply to have your license replaced within 30 days after the marriage date. You must show legal evidence of the name change. A certified copy of the marriage certificate is proof of the name change. You must also bring in your current driverís license.

Youíve changed your address:

You are required to make an application for a new driverís license within 30 days of a change of residence. A duplicate driverís license requires a small fee .

You must also bring in your current driverís license.

Motor Vehicles Records

Youíve changed your name:

Bring in your certificate of title, the certified copy of your marriage license or your changed driverís license. We will need to see proof of identity. You will need to sign a form to change your name on the title. The owner of the vehicle will need to sign all of the forms. After a marriage, some individuals do a title transfer from single to joint ownership. In this case, you will need to bring in the certificate of title and any lin release applicable. You will also need to know the vehicleís odometer reading, both spouses would need to sign the title and an additional gift tax form may need to be signed. For additional information, visit the state of Minnesota  Department of Public Safety web site at

Youíve changed your address:

Changing your address on your driverís license should change your address on your motor vehicles records. You may also send a signed written request stating your full name, driverís license number, your old address, your new address and a list of your vehicles by plate numbers to: Driver & Vehicle Services Division, Title & Registration, 455 Minnesota Blvd., Ste. 163, St. Paul, MN 55155-0163. Do not call the Department of Public Safety to change an address. They will not change an address by receiving a phone call.

DNR Records

To change your address on your DNR vehicles (Boats, Snowmobiles, ATVís) write the DNR at Department of Natural Resources, License Bureau, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4026. Give them your name, a list of your DNR vehicles, your old address, your new address and your driverís license number. Remember to sign your note. The Minnesota DNR web site is www.dnr. and their phone number is 1-800-285-2000.



To change the name on your passport when your passport is still valid, one of the passport forms (DS5504 or DS82) needs to be completed. Our License Center has these forms or you may get them from the web site There is no fee for this service if your passport is current and was issued within one year of the current date. If issued over one year ago, the fee is $75.00. You will need new passport photos regardless of when the passport was issued. Your amended passport and any documentary evidence will be returned to you by first-class mail.

Voter Registration

Do you need to register to vote? You may pick up a voter registration card from the License Center or the County Auditorís Office.


Contact the Office of the Secretary of State of Minnesota by phone at 651-296-2803 for the procedure to change your name on your notary. You may also write: State of Minnesota, Secretary of State, 180 State Office Building, St. Paul, MN 55155. We encourage you to visit their web site at The web site has links to the Minnesota Notary Statutes and fast access to the information forms you need to make your name change.

Name change application and residing in same county:

Upon receipt of your new commission, you must re-register your commission with the county office that records vital records of the county for which you are commissioned. There is no fee to re-register in the same county.

Change of Residence to a New County:

You must notify the Secretary of Stateís Office of any address change within 30 days. If you changed your address to a new county, you will need to re-register with that countyís vital records department and pay the $100.00 fee again.

Your Employer

Do you need to complete a new Form W-4 - Employeeís Withholding Allowance Certificate? Complete Form W-4 so your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Because your tax situation may change after the marriage, you may want to look at your withholding. You may want to refigure your withholding amount each year because your tax situation may change. Also make sure that your employer has your correct married name and address. Take a close look at each of your employee-benefit options.

Bank Records

Check your Twin City  bank records to make sure that your name and address are correct.


(Change your W-4 - see "Your Employer" above) To avoid a tax refund delay, make sure that your name is the same on your Social Security records, your IRS records and your records at your place of employment. To obtain an IRS change of address form, call 1-800-829-1040 or visit their web site at and click on Form 8822.

Post Office

Fill out a change of address form at the post office.

You may also want to:

Check the beneficiaries on your insurance policies.

Change your "in case of an emergency" contact person information.

Take a look at your retirement funds and health insurance policies to determine if any changes need to be made.

Hope this information helps.

Reverend Steven Hegman

(651) 457-9684

Areas include

Minnesota, Minneapolis, St. Paul, West St. Paul, MN, Minn, Apple Valley, Rosemount, St. Anthony, Maple Grove, Burnsville, Shakopee, Farmington, Lakeville, Hastings, Roseville, White Bear Lake, Little Canada, Downtown, Frogtown, Frog town, Bloomington, Edina,Yahoo, Google, MSN, Earthlink, Earth link, Savage, Prior lake,  Eden Prairie, Cottage Grove, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Woodbury, Oakdale, Maplewood, Lake Elmo, North St. Paul, West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, Minnetonka, Plymouth, St. Louis Park, Hopkins, Mahtomedi, White Bear Lake, Golden Valley, Maple Grove, New Hope, Crystal, Columbia Heights, Robbinsdale, Brooklyn Park, Blaine, Brooklyn Center, Falcon Heights, White Bear Lake, Fridley, Mounds View, Anoka, Spring Lake Park, Arden Hills, Zimmerman, Vadnais Heights, Lino Lakes, Shoreview, Shorewood, Excelsior, Champlain, Elk River, Big Lake, Monticello, Minnetrista, Maple Plain, Delano, Buffalo, Buffalo, River Falls, Wisconsin, Wis, WI, Bethel, St. Francis, Forest Lake, Stillwater, Oak Park Heights, North, South, East, West, Orono, Ham Lake, Andover, Becker, St. Michael, Albertville, Ramsey, Somerset, Faribault, Randolph, Hampton, Victoria, Montrose, Medicine Lake, Corcoran, Rogers, Waconia, Chaska, Cologne, Belle Plaine, Jordan, New Prague, New Market, Elko, Lonsdale, Empire, Red Wing, Vermillion, St. Paul Park, Carver, Wyoming, Owatonna, Prior Lake, Dayton, Roberts.

Ada Wedding Officiant, Aitkin Wedding Officiant, Albert Wedding Officiant, Alexandria Wedding Officiant, Andover Wedding Officiant, Annandale Wedding Officiant, Anoka Wedding Officiant, Austin Wedding Officiant, Bagley Wedding Officiant, Bemidji Wedding Officiant, Benson Wedding Officiant, Big Lake Wedding Officiant, Blue Earth Wedding Officiant, Brainerd Wedding Officiant, Buffalo Wedding Officiant, Burnsville Wedding Officiant, Caledonia Wedding Officiant, Cambridge Wedding Officiant, Cannon Falls Wedding Officiant, Chanhassen Wedding Officiant, Chaska Wedding Officiant, Circle Pines Wedding Officiant, Cloquet Wedding Officiant, Cottage Grove Wedding Officiant, Crookston Wedding Officiant, Crosslake Wedding Officiant, Dalton Wedding Officiant, Deer River Wedding Officiant, Delano Wedding Officiant, Detroit Lakes Wedding Officiant, Duluth Wedding Officiant, East Grand Forks Wedding Officiant, Eden Prairie Wedding Officiant, Elk River Wedding Officiant, Ely Wedding Officiant, Excelsior Wedding Officiant, Fairmont Wedding Officiant, Faribault Wedding Officiant, Farmington Wedding Officiant, Fergus Falls Wedding Officiant, Forest Lake Wedding Officiant, Glencoe Wedding Officiant, Glenwood Wedding Officiant, Grand Marais Wedding Officiant, Grand Rapids Wedding Officiant, Granite Falls Wedding Officiant, Hastings Wedding Officiant, Hibbing Wedding Officiant, Hopkins Wedding Officiant, Hutchinson Wedding Officiant, International Falls Wedding Officiant, Inver Grove Heights Wedding Officiant, Kasson Wedding Officiant, La Crescent Wedding Officiant, Lake City Wedding Officiant, Lakeville Wedding Officiant, Lindstrom Wedding Officiant, Litchfield Wedding Officiant, Little Falls Wedding Officiant, Long Prairie Wedding Officiant, Luverne Wedding Officiant, Mankato Wedding Officiant, Maple Lake Wedding Officiant, Maple Plain Wedding Officiant, Marshall Wedding Officiant, Melrose Wedding Officiant, Minneapolis Wedding Officiant, Minnetonka Wedding Officiant, Montevideo Wedding Officiant, Monticello Wedding Officiant, Moorhead Wedding Officiant, Mora Wedding Officiant, Morris Wedding Officiant, Mound Wedding Officiant, New Prague Wedding Officiant, New Ulm Wedding Officiant, Nisswa Wedding Officiant, North Branch Wedding Officiant, Northfield Wedding Officiant, Olivia Wedding Officiant, Osseo Wedding Officiant, Owatonna Wedding Officiant, Park Rapids Wedding Officiant, Paynesville Wedding Officiant, Pelican Rapids Wedding Officiant, Pequot Lakes Wedding Officiant, Perham Wedding Officiant, Pine City Wedding Officiant, Pine River Wedding Officiant, Pipestone Wedding Officiant, Princeton Wedding Officiant, Prior Lake Wedding Officiant, Red Wing Wedding Officiant, Redwood Falls Wedding Officiant, Rochester Wedding Officiant, Rogers Wedding Officiant, Roseau Wedding Officiant, Rosemount Wedding Officiant, Saint Cloud Wedding Officiant, Saint James Wedding Officiant, Saint Paul Wedding Officiant, Saint Peter Wedding Officiant, Sauk Centre Wedding Officiant, Sauk Rapids Wedding Officiant, Savage Wedding Officiant, Shakopee Wedding Officiant, Sleepy Eye Wedding Officiant, South Saint Paul Wedding Officiant, Spicer Wedding Officiant, Stillwater Wedding Officiant, Thief River Falls Wedding Officiant, Two Harbors Wedding Officiant, Virginia Wedding Officiant, Waconia Wedding Officiant, Wadena Wedding Officiant, Waite Park Wedding Officiant, Walker Wedding Officiant, Waseca Wedding Officiant, Wayzata Wedding Officiant, Willmar Wedding Officiant, Windom Wedding Officiant, Winona Wedding Officiant, Worthington Wedding Officiant, Wyoming Wedding Officiant, Zumbrota Wedding Officiant.
Ada Wedding Minister, Aitkin Wedding Minister, Albert Wedding Minister, Alexandria Wedding Minister, Andover Wedding Minister, Annandale Wedding Minister, Anoka Wedding Minister, Austin Wedding Minister, Bagley Wedding Minister, Bemidji Wedding Minister, Benson Wedding Minister, Big Lake Wedding Minister, Blue Earth Wedding Minister, Brainerd Wedding Minister, Buffalo Wedding Minister, Burnsville Wedding Minister, Caledonia Wedding Minister, Cambridge Wedding Minister, Cannon Falls Wedding Minister, Chanhassen Wedding Minister, Chaska Wedding Minister, Circle Pines Wedding Minister, Cloquet Wedding Minister, Cottage Grove Wedding Minister, Crookston Wedding Minister, Crosslake Wedding Minister, Dalton Wedding Minister, Deer River Wedding Minister, Delano Wedding Minister, Detroit Lakes Wedding Minister, Duluth Wedding Minister, East Grand Forks Wedding Minister, Eden Prairie Wedding Minister, Elk River Wedding Minister, Ely Wedding Minister, Excelsior Wedding Minister, Fairmont Wedding Minister, Faribault Wedding Minister, Farmington Wedding Minister, Fergus Falls Wedding Minister, Forest Lake Wedding Minister, Glencoe Wedding Minister, Glenwood Wedding Minister, Grand Marais Wedding Minister, Grand Rapids Wedding Minister, Granite Falls Wedding Minister, Hastings Wedding Minister, Hibbing Wedding Minister, Hopkins Wedding Minister, Hutchinson Wedding Minister, International Falls Wedding Minister, Inver Grove Heights Wedding Minister, Kasson Wedding Minister, La Crescent Wedding Minister, Lake City Wedding Minister, Lakeville Wedding Minister, Lindstrom Wedding Minister, Litchfield Wedding Minister, Little Falls Wedding Minister, Long Prairie Wedding Minister, Luverne Wedding Minister, Mankato Wedding Minister, Maple Lake Wedding Minister, Maple Plain Wedding Minister, Marshall Wedding Minister, Melrose Wedding Minister, Minneapolis Wedding Minister, Minnetonka Wedding Minister, Montevideo Wedding Minister, Monticello Wedding Minister, Moorhead Wedding Minister, Mora Wedding Minister, Morris Wedding Minister, Mound Wedding Minister, New Prague Wedding Minister, New Ulm Wedding Minister, Nisswa Wedding Minister, North Branch Wedding Minister, Northfield Wedding Minister, Olivia Wedding Minister, Osseo Wedding Minister, Owatonna Wedding Minister, Park Rapids Wedding Minister, Paynesville Wedding Minister, Pelican Rapids Wedding Minister, Pequot Lakes Wedding Minister, Perham Wedding Minister, Pine City Wedding Minister, Pine River Wedding Minister, Pipestone Wedding Minister, Princeton Wedding Minister, Prior Lake Wedding Minister, Red Wing Wedding Minister, Redwood Falls Wedding Minister, Rochester Wedding Minister, Rogers Wedding Minister, Roseau Wedding Minister, Rosemount Wedding Minister, Saint Cloud Wedding Minister, Saint James Wedding Minister, Saint Paul Wedding Minister, Saint Peter Wedding Minister, Sauk Centre Wedding Minister, Sauk Rapids Wedding Minister, Savage Wedding Minister, Shakopee Wedding Minister, Sleepy Eye Wedding Minister, South Saint Paul Wedding Minister, Spicer Wedding Minister, Stillwater Wedding Minister, Thief River Falls Wedding Minister, Two Harbors Wedding Minister, Virginia Wedding Minister, Waconia Wedding Minister, Wadena Wedding Minister, Waite Park Wedding Minister, Walker Wedding Minister, Waseca Wedding Minister, Wayzata Wedding Minister, Willmar Wedding Minister, Windom Wedding Minister, Winona Wedding Minister, Worthington Wedding Minister, Wyoming Wedding Minister, Zumbrota Wedding Minister.